Thursday, March 14, 2013

Poison Apples!

Since I always want to go all out on Halloween and I don't have as much free coin laying around these days, I decided to make some poison apples to fund my haunt this year! Since I am doing a Snow White theme I figured maybe people would enjoy having their very own poison apple! My wife is going to post some of them on her Etsy account for anyone who wishes to buy one! I'm going to keep making them until they no longer sell! I want to get a head start this year because due to our awesome wedding last year Halloween was almost non existent! I'm going to get a plan of action going this year and try to stick to a deadline much like we did for our wedding! Seemed to keep me a lot more organized! The apples are cut out of plywood and painted and then painted again with glow in the dark paint! They react really well with a black light, but still faintly glow without it! Hoping to sell enough to see all my props come to fruition! Haha, couldn't help myself! 














4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! And they look awesome! Make sure you send me a link to the Etsy sight.

    Well, I've made up my mind (for now) that the theme for my Halloween this year will take from the office haunt last year, and be "Spider Hole." I need to start sketching..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will! :)

      Awesome Idea! This year is the first year I'm going to sketch everything out too.. I was happy with how the Beauty and the Beast chair went from start to finish and it was all planned out before instead of doing it on a whim.. I''ll be drawing as much of my haunt out as I can and then try and be organized and make a timeline haha! We shall see! Pick up a pen or pencil, now!! ;)

      Delete
  2. These really are awesome! Terrific design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I was having a hard time making something I was happy with. The one with the Mad Hatter was the first color scheme which I felt was missing something! I found a slimier green color and I'm glad I went with the second color! I also found a glow in the dark slime green to put on as a top coat!

      Delete