Friday, June 15, 2012

Broom stick dog!

Finished cutting out my broom stick dog! Still need to paint it and make the other Tweedle and I have a few other designs I'm working on now! To my pleasant delight I was also able to secure two 4X8 sheets of plywood on top of my trusty work horse.. my '57 VW bug! Made it about twenty miles without a hitch... Now I won't have to borrow, beg, or procure a truck! Invested in some nifty tie down ratchets and now I can pick up supplies at my leisure!

I made the body and head separate on the broom dog because I hope to add a motor to his head, so he is actually sweeping! If my head is bigger than my wallet or ambition.. I can just screw it on at a later time sans the motor! 

I lucked out and found some coloring pages that I was able to edit on the computer of the March Hare and Mad Hatter. The broom stick dog and a lot of the other characters I'm want to do, I haven't been as lucky, so I drew him on paper and using my new scanner I was able to get a decent image into the computer. I find myself going frame by frame and looking for the best stance position of most of the characters for inspiration! I find it easier to keep everything in scale if I scale the images on the computer and then print them out page by page and trace that onto the plywood. There are several ways of doing this, but my method has served me well so far. 

Whoo hoo! Here is evidence that I arrived safely at my destination with the wood and roof rack still attached to my car! 

No comments:

Post a Comment