Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.

Here is the finished Doorknob! Still need to touch up my lines a bit, but painting the majority is at least done! The doorknob was a decorative brass knob purchased at Lowes for $7! I was having a hard time getting the craft paint to stick, so I went into my handy art supply coffin and found some Modge Podge! This stuff is awesome.. Almost like the duct tape of the craft world. I did two coats of Modge Podge over the doorknob and painted over it and it worked like a charm! 

I did have some gold metallic paints on hand and they looked neat with the brass knob, but since the real animated character used a more non metallic hue I decided to do the same.. He fits in better with my other props painted this way too! 



I want to make a door for him to rest on, but we will see! Went to the Walt Disney Family Museum yesterday and had an absolute blast. Second time I've been there and I enjoyed it more than the first time. A lot of awesome information on Mr. Disney and some of the methods that were created for his animation and later projects was amazing. No detail left unturned! I recommend a visit to the museum if you are ever in the San Francisco area! Definitely a place to go to recharge the creative batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment